In this age of automation, it is almost a sin not to follow where the trend is heading. Not only that technology speeds up several work processes, it also allows the user to do multiple thingsat the same time.
Cash register used to a game changer for retailers. For store owners, a machine which can easily compute for the total amount of a customer’s purchase and immediately issue a receipt is one tool they cannot live without. Read more Buy & Sell POS
However, cash register is only limited to computing and issuing receipt. Other functions such as inventory management and sales monitoring are being done separately, and sometimes, manually. Bookkeeping usually involves tape receipt, manual invoices, accounting ledger, and most, importantly, calculators. These processes oftentimes take most of the business owner’s time—time that he should be spending to interact with his customers.
Technology and the need to automate business functions and processes paved the way for Point of Sale (POS) system. It does more than computing and issuance of receipt. Those who opted to use it enjoy the benefit of having one system to handle different business processes .
So, what good will POS bring to your business?
- The first thing that most people fear when introduced to a new technology is the assumption that it is hard to understand, therefore, difficult to use. The key to finding the right POS to use is to look for one which has a simple, easy to navigate interface. Anyway, most POS are already pre-programmed that users only need to supply the information needed by the system and it will do the rest. Also, it is important to choose one that is best suited for the business. Most of these software is backed with support from manufacturer so the business owner need not worry in case of technical problems.
- Second, product information, such as price, color, size, manufacturer, is easily entered and stored in the system. Searching for a specific product is not a tedious process anymore. One only needs to type in a code and the system will search it for him.
- Third, a business owner can see right away if he earns profit or he needs to increase prices. Prices are also automatically adjusted if the store is having a sale, markdowns, or promotion. No need to do anything manually.
- Fourth, with a POS, it is possible to integrate sales and inventory monitoring as the system can automatically make an update once a sale is made. With a click of a button, the owner can see if there are still sufficient stocks or he needs already place an order for additional stocks.
- Fifth, it is easier to settle a transaction since most POS allow different modes of payment transaction. From the system itself, one can make a purchase using a credit card, debit card, and coupons. It can also process purchases in installment terms.
- Lastly, since most businesses now are now operating across borders which mean that orders from another state or country will have a different tax charges. Business owners need not go through the tedious process of applying varying tax rates in every transaction made overseas because the system easily do that.
These are only some of the reasons why it’s best to invest in POS. Aside from these reasons, POS can save a business owner a good amount of money and even time, allowing him to multi-task and do several things at once. Or he can concentrate more on expanding the business while having a personal interaction with his customers.